Rubicon Valley Tourist Centre.
Join us at Rubicon Valley Tourist Centre situated at Kowai Bush Springfield on the Great Alpine Highway 73 only 50 minutes from Christchurch "The Gateway to the Southern Alps". Nestled at the foothills of the New Zealand Southern Alps, at the edge of Canterbury. On a working high country farm.
Ultimate Kiwi Experience
Let us design your ultimate kiwi experience with activities of
- Horse Treking through our magnificent hills
- Jet Boating through the Waimakariri Gorge
- Riding a 4x4 vehicle into the hills
- Alpaca gift shopping
- Farmshow -- dog show and alpaca show
Fit your schedule
Whether you have one hour free or full day we can tailor your activitie requirements.
- Why not take a one hour or two hour horsetrek and discover the fantastic scenery of the true New Zealand
- Or you may want to do a high adventure jet boat ride up the mighty Waimakariri Canyon
- Another popular option -- join us at our New Zealand farmshow and be part of our farm for the afternoon. A great opportunity to see New Zealand sheep in their natural environment.
- Make sure you allow time to wander through our Alpaca Gift shop offering unique gifts ranging from New Zealand Alpaca, woollen products, lanolin and many other beautiful items many hand knitted and crafted locally.
We're open every day. Bookings are essential
Join us and our friendly staff for an unforgettable experience.